I found this extremely interesting. This graph shows alcohol consumption in Italy every two years starting from 1960 up till 20008. The data comes from OECD website. As seen on the graph, alcohol consumption in Italy has dropped drastically from 19,2 liters per capita in 1960 to only 8 liters per capita in 2008. Italy, together with France and Spain, are one of the biggest producers of great wine, but the consumption has been dropping dramatically starting from the 70ies. Italy has actually one of the lowest alcohol consumption levels in Europe. I do confirm, from my own experience of 6 years living in Italy, that Italians do have moderate consumption of wine, but the risky drinking, like in my home country Russia, simply does not exist. They also drink less and less wine during lunchtime, perhaps, due to a new lifestyle, having lunches at work in front of their computers.
Tag Archives: alcohol consumption
- Did you miss it? 50 things you need to know before you move to Germany - multicoolty.com/50-things-you-… 6 years ago
- Representation of the Russian protesters in online media wp.me/p3UPkj-c8 6 years ago
- RT @plashmar: A La Carte Journalism: Where People (and Reporters) Set the Agenda huff.to/16Z40lj via @HuffPostMedia 6 years ago
- German elections are approaching... wp.me/p3UPkj-bN 6 years ago
- Media Research Lab wp.me/p1YZUQ-bt 6 years ago
- #Occupyabai 2012 Ahead Alcohol abuse alcohol consumption Alcoholic beverage Alcoholism Al Jazeera Anthrax articles Belgium BlogBooker book Bulgaria Cacoo Chistye Prudy contraceptive corruption Deutsche Welle divorce rate EASA easel.ly EU EURO 2012 Europe European Pilots Evgeny Morozov Facebook Facebook likes festival of journalism Flight and Duty Time Limitations FTL German cuisine global nomad Health hourly salary IJF 12 inauguration speech inauguration speech 2000 infographics International Festival of Journalism Israel Italian cuisine Italy Journalism 2.0 Kristinn Hrafnsson London 2012 Manifesto media media articles Media Landscape media news mobile phones mobile phone users OECD Open source Perugia presidential elections public transportation Putin research Russia Russsian Occupy Movement Transparency International Ukraine Unterricht Vapiano VHS Cologne visual.ly Vladimir Putin Volunteers Wadah Khanfar WikiLeaks WiseMapping Wordle